Thursday 30 August 2007

Reading 2007. A festival of queues.


Don't get me wrong, I had a fucking brilliant time and saw loads of bands who were fantastic but the abiding memory is going to be that of having to queue for an hour and a half to get across that bastard river from my car to my campsite every time I needed to bring stuff over. I still bear the scars. As a friend of mine said, "this must be what war feels like."

But anyway, the highs for me were Smashing Pumpkins (who I fully expected to be disappointing so extra bonus points for the surprise factor there), Interpol, Metronomy, Long Blondes and The Horrors. Low points, apart from the poor organisation, were the rest of my campsite companions carking out early by 5am leaving me to sing Bon Jovi and Nik Kershaw songs (yes, I have nothing but the best compilation CDs) by myself around a dwindling fire, and the Chili Peppers from what I heard from my seat where I was drinking beer and trying to ignore them.

Hope anyone else who was there had as good a time as I did, feel free to add any comments about bands or post pics on here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was my first Reading with a guest pass. Which was fantastic. How can one ever go back to THOSE queues for anything? Crazy. So much more relaxing as one gets older

Nice to see you there too man!

My faves for the weekend were Kings Of Leon (that seemed universal, what a set!), LCD Soundsystem (All My Friends wrought a tear from my eye, beautiful), Brakes, Maccabees and Cold War Kids. Others were great but they were the ones that touched me

Peace

Neil